Glori

What are your writing this month?

Hello Creative Adventurers,

Are you all writing? What are you writing? I would love to hear about your work! 

Let me share a little bit about what I have been writing since March. 

I am in the middle of my first draft or better known as the SFD 😉of a SFFish dystopian romance.  *whispers* My first time writing anything since my college papers.

This is my crazy telenovela for moles because the majority of the story occurs underground in a bunker facility post global environmental collapse. There is an enemies to friends/lover vibe going on with our main characters Wye and Cooper and the more I write about them they more I love them. 

Getting closer to the end and I just have to say this has been so much fun. I love making things up, who knew?! The crazier, the better. Throw it in there and we can revise, revise, revise later. Would call myself a plantser, a bit of plotting and A LOT of writing by the seat of my pants and since I have failed to write linearly, it is a Franken Word document at this time. I believe I know the ending but am having a hard time getting the story there because my writing time the past month has not been super productive. So I have been writing on my paper notebook which surprisingly helps get more ideas flowing. 

If you would like, please share how things are going with your writing. Would love to chat all about your work, writing process, help with ideas.,etc. Happy to help in any way I can.  Let's have fun with our writing. 

Thanks for being here Creative Adventurers! Hope you have a fantastic creative week ahead!

Best regards,

Glori

11 hours ago, Glori said:

This is my crazy telenovela for moles because the majority of the story occurs underground in a bunker facility post global environmental collapse. There is an enemies to friends/lover vibe going on with our main characters Wye and Cooper and the more I write about them they more I love them. 

This sounds amazing! 🙂 You had me at dystopian SFF/Romance. 😉

Thank you Corrie! Will let you all know how it all progresses 🙂

My goal as stated in the last chat was to start on The Book that everyone is always begging me to write. @Corrie promised to help me come up with ideas, right, Corrie? And I believe @Kim Werkermay have mumbled something about helping edit or outline or whatever. 🤓

The funny thing is that no one is ever able to tell me what sort of book they want me to write. “Just write!”  they say. 

Right. I do have some ideas, possibly too many. 

I did write a draft of a blog post this morning, which is the first bloggish type writing I have done in months. It isn’t published because I tend to write stream-of-consciousness in the first draft, wherein I include far too many details, wander off-topic, sometimes do not have a topic, sometimes switch topic once (or twice) mid-stream, etc.

But it was a couple thousand words, and it was writing! 

This is awesome! Way to go for getting ideas going and words on the page. 

My writing lately has been geared towards my school work, but I have been playing around with poetry (and the voice I hear when I read it--because it sounds like words, but not like what I would characterize as my voice) and writing a personal manifesto. It isn't necessarily geared towards creativity, but I am sure it will be involved somewhere!

Cannot wait to hear more!

30 minutes ago, Nectaryne said:

(Do I have that right?)

Yes, kind of. I'm working on my comprehensive literature review, which is the last thing I have to do before writing my dissertation proposal.

Oooooh, a manifesto! I wrote so many of those in my Riot Grrrl/Zine days!!!! I may have to jump on that train!

and @Sandi Wiseheart, OF COURSE OF COURSE of course I’ll be your idea-helper!!!!