Hey! I'm working on a latchhook bathmat with t-shirt yarn (like old t-shirts that have been cut into strips), and I'm running out of t-shirts. It takes WAAAY more than you think it does. Anybody have any that they would like me to recycle?

Here's the beginning of the project from my twitch stream if you wanna see. Don't worry about the mature audiences thing. I curse occasionally. No nudity or anything like that. 

Oooh, I love these kinds of projects! If I weren't hoarding t-shirts for my own (eventual...) plans, I'd send you some for sure.

Ok,  I started by thinking "Mr. Corrie  and the kids have WAAAAAAY too many t-shirts that needed dumping and surely I can send her some" and then watched some of the video and ended with "OMG THIS IS A THING I WANT TO DO." 

I used to love latch hooking as a kid. LOVED. I've occasionally thought that it would be a great idea to use my handspun scraps (I have a lot) and do latch hook but this also looks amazing. 

25 minutes ago, Miriam Felton said:

@Corrieoooh! Do it! It's really fun. 

This might be an actual situation of me running to Joann's on the way from dropping the kids off at swimming. 😉

(But also, when I go through their clothes & see what's useable and what's not, I will msg you if I have extras. We have So. Many. Shirts.) 

Re: obtaining t-shirts. I know I am late to the game & the bathmat is probably complete. But thought I could share one resource that has been useful for me to obtain T-shirts for yarn. 

My sister lives in San Diego & there are thrift stores in and around the area that will have “dollar day” - you purchase a bag for $1.00 and take home all the garments that fit in that 1 bag. Unfortunately, it doesn’t happen at the thrift stores in my area. But maybe where you live? or maybe friends across the country can hook you up? September/October is a good time for thrift stores to clear out stuff to make room for holiday donations.