KirstenG.

Creative storage solutions

I started getting a bunch of peg stamps (they're addictive!) and needed a good place to put them.  I re-purposed an old spice rack, and added a matboard backing held on with wire and washi tape. I like how functional it is.

Does anyone else have a storage solution they'd like to share? 

IMG_2016_resized.jpg

Ooh! I'll have to take a pic of my years-old yarn storage made from baby formula containers!

12 hours ago, craftysnaphappymama said:

How about wine racks as pen holders 

Love it.

I am really attracted to your white, perforated, letter holder thingy. I will be looking for one of those.

Love all of these. I'm constantly trying to find decent storage solutions that aren't...actual storage solutions. 🙂

My studio is a constant work-in-progress for all my stuff. Currently logging my fabric and pattern stash in trello and wrapping them in small bolts on comic book boards. 

I am going to do myself a huge favour and not ask what peg stamps are. 😉 La la laala laaaa....

I’ve got a question: Those of you engaged in multiple crafts with completely different sets of tools/materials: Do you have different workspaces for your different crafts? Are your materials completely separate, or do you have things such as scissors, pens, cutting tools in common areas? Common work area, separate tools; one work area, common tools...? Different stations?

I have a large yellow room with windows, a closet, and a separate bathroom (!) waiting for me to organize it into a studio space. It is big enough for smallish separate stations, to a point. (It’s the master bedroom, which we do not use because it is at the front of the house by the street.) We have wood slat shelves (which we are having trouble finding the right size bins for so we can stack them neatly on the shelves), and a central cutting/layout surface (wood table top on two heavy storage cart bottoms). I haven’t got any sort of formal furniture yet; I have the usual long white folding table and random chair setup. 

I’m wondering how to make the best use of space, given that I do have multiple crafts I work on. What has worked for you?

Right now the studio has become a different sort of storage space 🙂... I want to reclaim it. 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:37 AM, Sandi Wiseheart said:

I’ve got a question: Those of you engaged in multiple crafts with completely different sets of tools/materials: Do you have different workspaces for your different crafts? Are your materials completely separate, or do you have things such as scissors, pens, cutting tools in common areas? Common work area, separate tools; one work area, common tools...? Different stations?

@Sandi Wiseheart My room isn't large enough to have different workspaces for different crafts but I can certainly see the appeal of that. I use those plastic towers with drawers (on wheels), a different tower for different kinds of crafts. I usually work on the couch or at a large table and I wheel the appropriate tower to where I'm working. Have you decided how you are going to set up your space yet?

I kinda segregate the messy crafts (glue, paint, embossing powder) to the basement craft table, and the knitting, spinning and sewing, are done upstairs in the living room/dining room area.