angelak

About ATCs and this group

Posted (edited)

ATCs are, according to Strathmore "What are artist trading cards? Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. Artists create, trade and collect art at organized "swap" events, either in person or online. The only official rule for ATCs is the size: 2.5" x 3.5"," 

All mediums are open as long as they fit on the card! Please use a sturdier material to make your card. You can use cardstock and cut them to size, actual ATC cards, or construction paper, as examples--cardboard would be considered too thick, but you can use that to protect your card if you like!

Now, for the most part, we're going to do this Mighty Ugly style, which means the rule is no more than 60 minutes working on the card. (I know we had said 15, but this provides a little bit of leeway for those who may need it.)

What is usually done, is people send their work to the host, and the host randomly sends different cards back to the participants of the swap. As of 4/16/2020, we are working on the best way(s) to actually swap cards via mail. That said, we want to use this space to "sign up" and discuss different swap themes/ideas.

For ideas or more info, Google "Artist Trading Cards". Please remember that we are doing this to have fun, and in the spirit of Mighty Ugly, all we ask is that you give your best effort and have a good time.

Edited by angelak

Thanks @angelak. This should be fun! I'm trying to get into collaging or art journaling everyday so this hopefully will get me motivated to make a few ATCs.

Can't wait to see everyone's cards.

Welcome @Dyantha! Glad to have you in the club and in the group! I look forward to seeing your work.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions or anything!