Kimberly Hirsh

Super soft yarn?

Isolation is intensifying some sensory processing issues I have and I suspect the acrylic yarn I'm using for my Sailor's Moon sweater is going to aggravate me for a while. But I love crocheting. I think I need to pick a yarn and then choose the project to use it for. Anybody willing to look at the yarns my local craft store will ship me and let me know if any of them are super soft, based on your experience with them?

Sorry I didn't see this till today, @Kimberly Hirsh! It's hard to navigate what they've got, but I'd call the shop and ask. They're such an awesome shop, I'm sure they'd help. I'd look for yarns with cotton and/or bamboo; and if you're looking for wool content, merino is a pretty sure bet.

I know very little about this--but the information so far is great. I struggle to work with yarns that don't "feel" right. I prefer to work with cottons for that reason, but I didn't know about the rest. I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm looking for yarn. Usually, I just try to go with the brand that the pattern says.