Kimberly Hirsh

(Near) daily blogging challenge?

Hi folks! Every once in a while, I go on a streak of daily blogging. I've gotten away from it, and am trying to get back into it. For thoughts on why it's valuable, see this Austin Kleon post and everything it links to.

You can find my blog at kimberlyhirsh.com. It's a mix of personal and professional stuff, and I like it that way. (Astrology says this is because my Midheaven is in Pisces. Astrology may be bunk, but the fact that I have a hard time separating personal and professional stuff is not bunk. Also, astrology is fun for me, regardless of what anyone else thinks.)

Thanks for getting through that digression. Anyway, if you want to participate, I'd love to have you with me. Here are the rules:

1. Blog every day that you can.

2. If you miss a day, blog the next day.

Some corollaries:

1. Microblogging totally counts, so if you can only write a sentence or a quick bon mot, do it.

2. It would be cool though if you do it on your own blog, whether it's a short post or a long one.

3. But if you prefer to do it via social media, okay.

4. Photos count, too.

This is real loosey goosey with no check-ins or hashtags or anything. Just me looking for companionship on this road I'm on. And also looking for more fun blogs to read.

Here's my favorite blog post about how to fix the Internet.

This might be just what I need to get my scribbles together into blog posts, thank you. I’ll give it a go, with the caveat that I have already failed about six such attempts lately, but who’s counting, right?

I have been wanting to write a day-by-day account of life amidst the viruses, and have notes and scribbles for each day since early March, so perhaps this will be a great kick-in-the-butt for me. Most of my readers read via RSS because I have a habit of posting at really weird intervals, sorry to say.

For those unfamiliar with my hijinks online: I was a personal blogger back in the early days of that kind of stuff. Then I was a professional blogger for several years in the publishing world. Since my pro blogging days, I have been trying to work on more regular postings to wiseheart knits, at sandiwiseheart dot wordpress dot com, my personal Everything blog. As you will see if you go there now, last post was a very difficult post for me during a bad time last summer, so don’t judge me on just that post alone, is my point. (Feel free to read back postings, if you feel so inclined.)

Let’s see if I can even get the first post up before we all get too excited about Sandi re-starting her blog, OK? LOL no pressure.

I love the links, @Kimberly Hirsh, thank you! All on tomorrow morning’s reading list. And your blog, of course. I’ve been wanting to read your blog and check out your site for months now, so this is a really good excuse, as if I needed one.

Thanks Kimberly and Sandi for sharing your blog links. It is nice to read something *real* online for a change.

Kimberly, you have reminded me how much I love the Muppets. I'm thinking I need to re-watch all the movies now. 🙂

I have a blog somewhere out there on the Internet, but am not sure how to access it. I think right now it has a grand total of 1 post on it. But I have been thinking of starting a daily journal so that will be my project to start this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from both of you.

Laurie