Kim Werker

Serger Sewing

I just got my first serger, and I'm determined to learn how to use it so I can make my own clothes in 2020. I'll be chronicling my adventures on Instagram, which is why this video is oriented that way instead of landscape. :) Beginner serger project recommendations most welcome!

Slightly off-topic: Is that a holiday vest with light bulbs? OMG. I love holiday clothing that is festive without having to wear Elf Barf.  

Ahem. Anyway, really looking forward to this. I don’t have a serger yet, but I can see one in my not-too-distant future. I’m actually glad to have a chance to see how other folks use theirs before investing in one myself. I’ll have a better idea of what to look for. (Although, let’s be honest, I will probably end up purchasing the one Kim got because it seems everyone likes that one!)

1 minute ago, Sandi Wiseheart said:

Slightly off-topic: Is that a holiday vest with light bulbs? OMG. I love holiday clothing that is festive without having to wear Elf Barf.  

My holiday garb is limited to an ugly Chanukah sweater. 😂 What you see here are diamond shapes in a stylized argyle kind of arrangement. :)

But yes! I bought this particular serger on @Kimberly Payne's enthusiastic recommendation. My week has gone sideways, but I hope to have time to play more over the weekend!

Well, it looks festive from here! 

And, for the record: I don’t believe I have ever seen a Chanukah festive garment of any sort (beyond the religious in-synagogue looks). I am thus deathly curious as to what constitutes “an ugly Chanukah sweater”.

When things, uh....get less crazy....!!..then perhaps a photo of same would be fun, but NOT NOW. I’ve been thinking of you. Xo

I’ll be doing some sewing-type crafting this weekend as well. Melody will be gone from 4 AM Friday to 10 PM Sunday, so I have to find ways to stay out of trouble, more or less...

I’ve got the link to that serger in my Trello lists. (Trello, slooowwwly starting to figure it out and I think it’s brilliant, if I can nudge my brain to actually consult the dern thang now and then! LOL

Thanks, @Sandi Wiseheart. I'll dig the sweater out.

I'm about to run some soup over to my sister-in-law and her family. In the end, she let me drive her around last night instead of taking a taxi; I think it ended up being the perfect thing.

More soon. And let me know if you have any specific questions about Trello. I've used it for ages and love it deeply.