Kim Werker

Progress!

After days of procrastinating, pondering, and puzzling I have figured out the number of stitches needed and completed my foundation chain. 😊 Time to tackle the first row.

Really good, @Kim Werker! Your Blu-print class demonstrations are fantastic. I have to think about the valleys a bit each time but I'm almost finished my first row. I really want to keep going but my eyes have had enough so it will have to wait for tomorrow. 

I am having such a fun time doing this! I am about to start on Row 3 and you are right. It is quite relaxing!

20191111_104504.jpg

OMG, I have failed and got distracted by legwarmers (really, I saw a gal wear these beautiful, long full-leg legwarmers in class the other day, and immediately came home and cast on). However, I should just get it out and work on my blanket for 10 minutes while I do my SAD lamp in the morning....

I'll pull it out tonight and bring to the basketball game!

And YES, FULL leg legwarmers. Like, up to mid-thigh? They are going to take me FOREVER, but I'll b thankful when I'm done....

And likely quite warm! What type of yarn are you using and such? 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, angelak said:

And likely quite warm! What type of yarn are you using and such? 

I'm actually just using some Lion Brand stuff I picked up at Joann's (its one of their newer, schmancier brands). I saw it and it was pretty, and so I just started. My own pattern - if you can call guessing at how many stitches to cast on for the thigh & then doing so a "pattern" :). 

Wow! That is amazing! Good luck! I used to love Lion Brand but some of it was really hard to work with. Can't wait to see the photo opp!

I am half way (I think). I am trying to decide between 6, 8, or 10. I have no idea how tall it should be. 

I hope everyone is doing well!

20191117_135035.jpg

Edited by angelak
Had an idea

It is finished! I am making at least one more as they will be going to a friend and her daughter in Pakistan.

20191119_220146.jpg

Oh, wow, @angelak! It's gorgeous! Mind if I share a pic on social media?

Edited by Kim Werker

1 hour ago, angelak said:

Not at all! I am pretty proud of it!

You should be! It is beautiful!!!

Slow and steady for me with this one. I love the long colour bands of this yarn! I'm going to work at least another two rows. Debating about fringe...

20191120_111445.jpg

20191120_111545.jpg

20191120_111601.jpg