How is progress? Momentum still coming? Have you written every day?

For me, I've written every day, no more than 500 words but always above my 200 word goal. It's also helped keep balance in my world whereas previous years 1667 words was just too much stress.

I still like my characters and story 🙂

Yay! And yeah, 1667 is a lot.

My daily word goal has been around 730, and some days I make it and some I don't, but I am making huge progress figuring my story out, and that's what my real goal has been for this month.

11 hours ago, Kim Werker said:

My daily word goal has been around 730, and some days I make it and some I don't, but I am making huge progress figuring my story out, and that's what my real goal has been for this month.

SAME! Yesterday was only 71 words because I prioritized writing later in my morning and surprise, forgot I had to do things! But thinking about my characters and plot daily has been AMAZEBALLS!

Do you ever do sprints? Where you sit for a hour and chug away as fast as possible?

6 hours ago, Kuchylm said:

Do you ever do sprints? Where you sit for a hour and chug away as fast as possible?

I love the idea of sprints, but I'm terrible at showing up when someone else tells me to. :) BUT I'm super at setting a timer for myself and sticking to doing nothing but write (especially if the timer is for 20 minutes or shorter). You?

17 hours ago, Kim Werker said:

I love the idea of sprints, but I'm terrible at showing up when someone else tells me to. 🙂 BUT I'm super at setting a timer for myself and sticking to doing nothing but write (especially if the timer is for 20 minutes or shorter). You?

I feel like my mornings have been sprints where my kids wake up and I'm like I have 10 minutes to write before breakfast and the day gets started. GO!!

I never went to one in person. I like the idea of them but then I think - are we just going to be silently writing in a room and not talking? Well, fine, I'll do that at home then.