Kim Werker

Introductions & Project Declarations

Helllooooo, crocheters!

As we get ready to kick off the zigzag crochet-along, let's get to know each other.

Hit reply and let us know:

• Your name
  • Where you're from
  • What you'll be making for the crochet-along
  • Is it a gift, or for you, or to donate?
  • What's the best book you've read so far this year?

Ohh! Ohh! I have a zigzag blanket to finish, so I'll join! 🙂 

I'm Corrie. I live in Omaha Nebraska (but I'm *from* DC ;)). I'll be hopefully finishing a zigzag blanket for ME/the house that I started a few years ago. 

The best book I've read this year is....The Invisible Library (which I gobbled up the whole series). 

Oh! YES! I bought your (Kim's) ripple course and have been itching to get going on it but, you know, life...This sounds like exactly the kick in the butt I need to get started. So:

I'm Lori, I live near Vancouver, BC. I want to make a blanket for my couch.  Best book? Hmmm, I'd say Ruth Ware's Turn of the Key.

10 hours ago, Lori M said:

I'm Lori, I live near Vancouver, BC. I want to make a blanket for my couch.  Best book? Hmmm, I'd say Ruth Ware's Turn of the Key.

Hi Lori! Have we met here in Vancouver? Regardless, let's get you going on that blanket! I'll kick things off on Monday, but if you're itching to go this weekend don't let the Monday start stop you.

3 hours ago, Kim Werker said:

Have we met here in Vancouver?

Hi Kim! No, we haven't met, maybe some day. I'm about an hour out of Vancouver.

3 hours ago, Kim Werker said:

if you're itching to go this weekend don't let the Monday start stop you.

I'm going to try to watch some of the class this weekend. I'm excited to get started.

I have bulky, fuzzy, long color change yarn that I've been wanting to turn into a zig-zag afghan, but haven't really done a large project like this before. Very glad to see this!

Hi! I’m Toni. I live in Maryland but am from SoCA with some stops in CT and Boston in between. I’m going to be making a zig zag scarf. This will be my second zig zag project. The first was the baby blanket class from your zig zag class. (I actually learned to crochet from your beginner class!). I think the scarf will be for me, but my daughter is likely to steal it! It’s hard to pick the best book I’ve read this year but maybe Where the Crawdads Sing. Funniest was Where’d you go Bernadette. 

@Toni I read Where'd You Go Bernadette over the summer and loved it! Haven't read Crawdads yet, but it's high on my list.

So glad you're here! Let me know if you have any questions about your scarf as you get going. I'm excited to see it!

I'm Carol from SC. I've finally started on the zigzag scarf. At this point it doesn't have a final destination. I'm just focusing on one stitch at a time and deep breathing through my tremours. It's good to have hook and yarn in hand again. 

Best books of the year have been Spring Snow and Runaway Horses, Yukio Mishima's first 2 books of The Sea of Fertility series.