I'm a quilt designer and teacher and I'm always working to develop new ideas—things I can teach quilters that aren't already being taught by lots of other people. I really enjoy improvisational patchwork and have recently listed a new class called Make Your Own Improvisational Quilt Sampler. In the spirit of autumn, I decided to make a Halloween improv quilt and to post my progress on social media as a way to highlight the new class. Here are a few photos of how it's evolving. I'm having a great time. 

This quilt will go into a new program for quilt guilds called Taste Test: Sampler Quilts and also into one that features quilts for all of the months, seasons and holidays. I still need a catchy title for that one. 

I'm interested in hearing about any improv patchwork others have done. 

halloweenimprov10.jpg

halloweenimprov9.jpg

halloweenimprov8.jpg

halloweenimprov7.jpg

halloweenimprov5.jpg

halloweenimprov4.jpg

hallowimprov3.jpg

hallowimprov2.jpg

hallowimprov1.jpg

Cute!

Im hopeless at quilting so I haven’t done any, but this DOES inspire me to go to Lincoln, NE (down the road a bit from where I live) and go to the quilt museum! I love the look but lack that specific talent arena!