One reason I joined this community was to see if I could find a solution to my contact lens case collection. Does anyone have a creative idea on how to upcycle used contact lens cases. (If I had better computer skills, I would upload a picture for those of you who need a visual). Every time I buy contact lenses or solution, I get a new storage case - which is nice - but what happens to all the discarded lens cases? If even a couple of you out there have the same stock pile as me, we could build a table (albeit, not as cool, but just as large as Kim’s wooden one). If only they could be turned into yarn! 

21 hours ago, EM said:

One reason I joined this community was to see if I could find a solution to my contact lens case collection. Does anyone have a creative idea on how to upcycle used contact lens cases. (If I had better computer skills, I would upload a picture for those of you who need a visual). Every time I buy contact lenses or solution, I get a new storage case - which is nice - but what happens to all the discarded lens cases? If even a couple of you out there have the same stock pile as me, we could build a table (albeit, not as cool, but just as large as Kim’s wooden one). If only they could be turned into yarn! 

Ooooh, this is a good one. I've never thought about it (I opt out of getting the new case at my optometrist - though they try, and have found that store-brand lens solution doesn't come with extras). However, a search shows that 1800 contacts has some ideas: https://www.1800contacts.com/connect/articles/24-reuses-contact-lens-cases

Ooh, what a meaty challenge. I suspect the cases might be great for watercolour paints? There are so many DIYs for paints around, and since these close tightly, you could even hold liquid paints in them...

Brilliant! Thanks for the resource, Corrie. 

Stitch marker cases? You could sort your markers by however you sort them (mine are by type and then size) into different cases and mark the outside of the case somehow. Or if the cases come in different colours/shapes—even better.

Is it weird to sort one’s stitch markers? I just assumed everyone does this...but maybe not? If it is weird, then I totally own my weirdo status. 😎

I find that the old cases are good for storing small items in when traveling. For instance, I keep my good earrings in a case. 

I don't want to be preachy or anything, but cases should be changed out monthly so you don't risk eye infections. 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:59 PM, Sandi Wiseheart said:

Is it weird to sort one’s stitch markers? I just assumed everyone does this...but maybe not? If it is weird, then I totally own my weirdo status. 😎

Nope! I would sort mine....if I didn't lose them so frequently!